4th Annual HPER
Saturday, April 26th
150 yard swim -- 10.5 mile bike ride -- 5K walk/run
- Any proceeds go to support an undergraduate scholarship awarded annually in memory of Dr. Mary Guy Beaver, an educator in UNCP’s Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Department.
- This is UNCP’s only scholarship supported entirely by student fundraising efforts!
- All finishers recieve a t-shirt and post-race refreshments.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
6:00 a.m. - Check-in and race day registration begins in the Jones Center lobby
7:00 a.m. - Race begins; participants enter the pool with a staffered 10 second start (entry order is determined based on submitted 100 yard swim time)
Following Last Competitor's Finish - Awards ceremony
$20 - Per person
$60 - Relay teams of two or three people
- Registration material must be received by Monday, April 21 to guarantee a t-shirt. (After this, t-shirt pick-up on race day cannot be guaranteed)
- Race day registration: $25 for an individuual or $75 for a relay team
- Submit release statement and payment.
- Cash or check accepted.
- Make check payable to HPER Department (memo line: HPER Triathlon).
RACE DAY INFORMATION:
- This is a triathlon that begins and ends at the Jones Center and winds through UNCP's campus.
- Students and campus police will guide runners through the race.
- Top Male Finisher
- Top Female Finisher
- Top Relay Team (Open Division)
- Top Relay Team (Greek Division)
- Top Relay Team (Athletic Team Division)
Event registration may be hand-delivered to room 1102 of the Jones Center (attn: HPER Triathlon) or mailed to:
Dr. Marian Wooten
Attn: HPER Triathlon
PO Box 1510
One University Drive
Please call Dr. Marian Wooten at (910) 521-6347 or Coach O.T. Johnson at (910) 775-4116.