3rd Annual HPER
Saturday, April 20th
150 yard swim -- 10.5 mile bike ride -- 5K walk/run
- Any proceeds go to support an undergraduate scholarship awarded annually in memory of Dr. Mary Guy Beaver, an educator in UNCP’s Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Department
- This is UNCP’s only scholarship supported entirely by student fundraising efforts!
- All finishers receive a t-shirt and post-race refreshments.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
6 a.m. - Check-in and race day registration in Jones Center Lobby
7 p.m. - Race Begins
After last competitor finishes: - Awards ceremony
$20 - per person
$60 - for a 2 or 3 person relay team
- Beginning at 7 a.m., swimmers will enter the pool in 10 second intervals based on self-reported 100 yard swim time (fastest time to slowest).
- From the pool participants will proceed to transition area in parking lot of the English E. Jones Health and Physical Education Center (shortened to “Jones Athletic Center” for future reference).
- The bike ride departs from the transition area; upon the completion of the bike ride, participants will re-enter the transition area. Bicycles may not be ridden in the transition area; designated mount and dismount areas will be located directly outside the transition area.
- Walkers/runners depart the transition area for a 5K walk/run around campus.
- A water stop will be located along the run/walk route.
RELAY TEAMS NOTE:
- All relay team transitions must be made in the transition area at the team’s designated bike rack space.
Release Waiver & Statement
Bike Route & Map
Run Route & Map
- Registration material must be REVEIVED by Monday, April 15 to guarantee a t-shirt
- After this, t-shirt pick-up on race day cannot be guaranteed
- Race day registration: $25 for an individuual or $75 for a relay team
- Submit release statement and payment.
- Cash or check accepted.
- Make check payable to HPER Department (memo line: Dr. Mary Guy Beaver Memorial Scholarship).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS:
- No participant will be allowed onto the bike course without a fastened bike helmet; participants may not remove helmets until in the transition area following the bike ride.
- Should an individual be seen breaking this rule, he/she will be disqualified immediately and removed from the course.
RACE DAY INFORMATION:
- Parking for participants will be located at Caton Fieldhouse/Grace P. Johnson Stadium (across the street from the Jones Center parking lot).
- All participants must check in to receive t-shirt and for body marking from 6:00-6:45 a.m. Check-in will be held in the lobby of the Jones Athletic Center.
- Restrooms for participants and spectators and locker room facilities (for participants only) are located in the Jones Athletic Center.
- Only event participants are allowed in the transition area.
- Transition area closes at 6:50 a.m. After this time, participants my not re-enter until the completion of their swims.
- Top Male Finisher
- Top Female Finisher
- Top Relay Team (Open Division)
- Top Relay Team (Greek Division)
- Top Relay Team (Athletic Team Division)
Event registration may be hand-delivered to room 1102 of the Jones Center (attn: Leave It to Beaver) or mailed to:
Dr. Marian Wooten
Attn: Leave It to Beaver
PO Box 1510
One University Drive
Please call Dr. Marian Wooten at (910) 521-6347.