5th Annual HPER Triathlon
Saturday, April 25th
150 yards swim - 10.5 miles bike - 5K run
- All proceeds go to help meet the endowment for a scholarship for sport management students in UNCP’s Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Department.
- This is a short, beginner-friendly course through UNCP’s historic campus.
- Have fun, get fit, and raise money for a sport management scholarship!
- All finishers receive a t-shirt and post-race refreshments.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
6:00 a.m. - Check-in and race day registration in Jones Center lobby
7:00 a.m. - Race begins; participants enter the pool with a staggered 10 second start (entry order is determined based on submitted 100 yard swim time)
After last competitor finishes - Awards ceremony
$20 - Per person
$60 - 2 or 3 person relay team
- Registration material must be RECEIVED by Monday, April 20 to guarantee a t-shirt. After this, t-shirt pick-up on race day cannot be guaranteed.
- Race day registration: $25 for an individual or $75 for a relay team
- Submit release statement and payment.
- Cash or check accepted.
- Make check payable to HPER Department (memo line: HPER Triathlon).
BIKE ROUTE & DESCRIPTION
- Top male finisher
- Top female finisher
- Top relay team
Event registration may be hand-delivered to room 1102 of the Jones Center (attn: HPER Triathlon) or mailed to:
Dr. Marian Wooten
Attn: HPER Triathlon
PO Box 1510
One University Drive
Please call Dr. Marian Wooten at (910) 521-6347 or Coach O.T. Johnson at (910) 775-4116.