4th Annual Leave It To
Beaver 5K & One Mile Fun Run
Friday, November 15th
- Any proceeds go to support an undergraduate scholarship awarded annually in memory of Dr. Mary Guy Beaver, an educator in UNCP’s Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Department
- This is UNCP’s only scholarship supported entirely by student fundraising efforts!
- All participants receive free admission to the UNCP men's basketball home opener starting at 5:30 p.m.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
4:30 p.m. - Check-in and race day registration begins outside Grace P. Johnson Stadium
5:30 p.m. - One mile fun run/walk begins; costume awards for participants follows immediately
6 p.m. - 5K begins; 5K awards ceremony and raffle follows immediately
$15 - race, t-shirt, glow necklace
$10 - t-shirt only
$7 - race and glow necklace only
- One mile fun run/walk is open to participants ages 5 and up
- 5K is open to participants ages 14 and up
- Race day registration: $25 for an individuual or $75 for a relay team
- Submit release statement and payment.
- Cash or check accepted.
- Make check payable to HPER Department (memo line: Dr. Mary Guy Beaver Memorial Scholarship).
1 Mile COURSE
RACE DAY INFORMATION:
- This is a one mile fun run/walk and 5K that begins and ends at Grace P. Johnson Stadium and winds through UNCP's campus.
- Students and campus police will guide runners through the race.
- 5K - Top Male Finisher
- 5K - Top Female Finisher
- Best Glowing Costume
- Awards given to male and female 5K and male and female one mile fun run/walk entrants
- All participants will be entered in a post-race raffle featuring prizes from area businesses
Event registration may be hand-delivered to room 1102 of the Jones Center (attn: Glow Run) or mailed to:
Dr. Marian Wooten
Attn: Glow Run
PO Box 1510
One University Drive
Please call Dr. Marian Wooten at (910) 521-6347 or Coach O.T. Johnson at (910) 775-4116.