Leave It To Beaver 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run
Friday, November 13th
- Help UNCP students raise scholarship money!
- All proceeds go to support the Dr. Tommy Thompson Sports Management Scholarship.
- This is UNCP's only scholarship supported entirely by student fundraising efforts.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
5:00 p.m. - Check-in and race day registration begin outside Grace P. Johnson Stadium
5:45 p.m. - 1 Mile fun run/walk begins and 5K walkers begin; top finisher and costume awards for participants follows immediately
6:05 p.m. - 5K begins; 5K awards ceremony and raffle follows immediately
$15 - race, t-shirt, glow necklace
$10 - t-shirt only
$7 - race and glow necklace only
- 1 Mile fun rum/walk is open to participants ages 5 and up.
- 5K is open to participants ages 14 and up.
- Submit release statement and payment.
- Cash or check accepted.
- Make check payable to HPER Department (memo line: Dr. Tommy Thompson Sports Management Scholarship).
- Both races begin and end at Grace P. Johnson stadium and wind through UNCP's campus.
- Top male finisher in the 5K
- Top male finisher in the 1 Mile Run
- Top female finisher in the 5K
- Top female finisher in the 1 Mile Run
- Best glowing costume for male and female 5K and 1 Mile run entrants
- All 5K participants will be entered in a post-race raffle featuring prizes from area businesses.
Event registration may be hand-delivered to room 1102 of the Jones Center (attn: Glow Run) or mailed to:
Dr. Marian Wooten
Attn: Glow Run
PO Box 1510
One University Drive
Please call Dr. Marian Wooten at (910) 521-6347 or Coach O.T. Johnson at (910) 775-4116.