Ndhlovu Leads Pack at Wilmington/Adidas Seahawk Invitational
WILMINGTON – Newcomer Pardon Ndhlovu took the lead again at the UNC Wilmington/Adidas Seahawk Invitational held at the UNCW Athletic Fields. The men’s cross country team finished fourth out of six teams with an average 5K time of 16:05.90.
Ndhlovu placed first in 15:08.22, followed seven seconds later by Terence Attema of Campbell University. Sophomore Christian Wiscovitch was the second Brave to cross the finish line and 17th overall with 16:07.90 while Daniel Yeakley, the third Brave to cross the finish line, finished 21st overall with 16:18.69.
UNC Wilmington finished first with 40 points, holding second place East Carolina to 43 points and third place finisher Campbell to 76 points. UNCP finished fourth with 84 points, 44 points ahead of fifth place St. Andrews. Methodist finished out the team rankings in sixth with 176 points.
The Black and Gold will travel to Greenville next weekend to compete in East Carolina’s Pirate Invitational. The race is being held at Overton’s Lake Kristi and is set to start at 8 a.m.
- Pardon Ndhlovu (1st, 15:08.22)
- Christian Wiscovitch (17th, 16:07.90)
- Daniel Yeakley (21th, 16:18.69)
- Steven Merritt (22nd, 16:19.42)
- Zachary Bayless (24th, 16:35.27)
- Chris Midgette (33rd, 17:09.11)
- Thomas McDonough (37th, 17:30.57)
- Darius Brantley (38nd, 17:31.27)
- Kaleb Mersha (44th, 17:47.94)
- Clayton Pierce (46th, 18:03.53)
- Jonathan Williams (47th, 18:08.71)